The most important step in moving to any new software solution is ensuring the systems being used by your workforce are up to the task. All the new features and shortcuts in the world won’t do you any good if the applications overwhelm your computers.
Microsoft Dynamics NAV is fairly gentle when it comes to system specs, and most recent-model computers should be able to handle it readily. If you’re not sure about whether your PCs are up to spec, consult this quick list of the important system requirements for the NAV 2013 Windows client:
- Windows 8 Professional or Enterprise (64 or 32 bit)
- Windows 7 Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate (64 or 32 bit)
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2008 (32 or 64 bit)
- 30 MB of hard disk space
- 1 GB RAM
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.
- Microsoft Lync 2010 or Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 for instant messages and Telephony
- Microsoft Office 2010 for mail merges
- Microsoft Office 2010 for OneNote integration
- Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 for email logging
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 SP1 Professional, Premium, or Ultimate and Microsoft Report Viewer 2010 SP1 for designing reports
- Microsoft SQL Server Report Builder for Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Report Builder 3.0 for updating reports
- Microsoft Report Viewer 2010 SP1 for running reports in the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Windows client or on Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server
Much of what NAV 2013 needs to run, including Microsoft Report Viewer, Microsoft SQL Server Report Builder and Microsoft Report viewer, is automatically installed by the application if no previous install is detected. For more information on the web-based version of Dynamics NAV, please visit www.buyerp.com.
We are a certified gold Microsoft Dynamics partner and are happy to assist with any inquiries!