Forbes recently reported on the decline of ERP saying, “Traditional/generic ERP with its heavy requirement for customization and consultants is going the way of the mainframe computer.” (ouch!) That’s an especially harsh statement for the multitudes of companies who have made that intractable investment.
Kevin Parker, the author of “ERP isn’t going anywhere” concludes, however, that ERP isn’t in decline – it’s evolving. Enterprise Resource Planning is responding to market demands for more customizable, smaller-scale and project based ERPs. Our economy is service based and knowledge driven – not a one-size-fits-all platform, but a dynamic, creative and evolving environment.
What is Microsoft’s solution? Enter Dynamics Solomon, also known as Dynamics SL Software. Don’t be confused, here: Dynamics Solomon is an ERP, but it has been specifically designed to meet the needs of project based companies such as non-profits, wholesale distributors and government contractors. Parker calls these kinds of companies “knowledge based” companies who have taken huge losses on business management automation because their needs are project by project. Now, with project-based ERP, we have the option of “pay-as-you-go” ERP, which benefits the users by making ERP developers accountable to their customers – better experiences translate directly into return customers.
Here are just a few of the specific benefits that you will get with Microsoft Dynamics Solomon:
- Local or web-based project tracking from financial reports to progress updates to time and expense metrics
- Easily understandable, actionable information alerts help to prioritize resource management whether the focus is needed on materials utilization or employee performance.
- Build a complete project within your ERP to accurately forecast project needs for materials, personnel, distribution and more.
- DCAA compliant for government contractors
- “Prove before you purchase” allows you to test Solomon for data compatibility before you even buy it!
With Microsoft Dynamics Solomon, you have all the power of a traditional ERP with the flexibility of project-based and pay-as-you-go management software solutions. So, what are you waiting for? Contact us to get started today!