Cloud ERP has been the hottest discussion topic in recent year. There is no surprise that the latest version of Microsoft Dynamics NAV, known as NAV Corfu, will be the most cloud enabled version of the agile enterprise resource planning system. With new application features and development enhancements specifically designed to improve mobility and cloud deployments.
At 2015 Worldwide Partner Conference in Orlando, Microsoft has announced Dynamics NAV 2016 will include the ability to work natively with Power BI, Azure SQL and Dynamics CRM Online. Also, there will be improvements in the systems usability, electronic invoicing, workflow and functionality improvements. There is more, new functionalities in the finance segment include deferrals and posting preview – a functionality end-users have been asking for ever since Navision version 1.0.
Some of the features and enhancements to the latest upcoming version of NAV include:
- An enhanced Office 365 experience, which works natively with Power BI
- An enhanced “on” Azure experience, which works natively with Azure SQL
- Usability enhancements in Windows for desktops, tablets “and NOW phone”
- That NAV 2016 will work natively with CRM Online
- e-Everything; electronic invoicing, OCR, and the ability of third parties to add in their own data sources (e.g., exchange rate lookup)
- Workflow enhancements including process automation, which allows easy customization via events introduced into C/AL (business language)
- Finance functionalities including posting preview, deferrals and Positive Pay (for US)
- Engineering, including a test automation suite available to partners, and releases every year with updates every month